Friday, January 23, 2009

Rabbits everywhere

Just for fun (well, actually, a bit for fun but in fact to test proof an idea...), I did some extreme testing on Golemizer on my PC.

I wanted to see if the code was able to handle an extreme number of NPCs. So I created 100 000 rabbits without caring much how dirty it was done (for i=1 to 100000, that's all). The results?...

My machine is an Intel Core Quad, Q9400 @ 2.66GHZ with 4 GB of RAM, much better than the actual server currently used for Golemizer. With 100 000 rabbits (and the other golems already in the world), the Golemizer's process is using around 30% to 40% of the CPU and 600 MB of RAM.

When not in a zone filled with these rabbits, performance is the same as before. Not too bad I guess but some improvement might be needed for the next test: 1 000 000 rabbits...

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

100000 c'est un peu extreme oui!

Anonymous said...

Omg.. Thats MANY lol