Friday, November 14, 2008

A new era! My new computer finally ordered!

I'm finally getting rid of my old junk! It was quite painful to watch everything being so slow and freezing on every occasion. A simple code rebuild was taking about 10 minutes which was making debugging hell on earth...

So here's my new tool/toy:

- Intel Code 2 Quad Proc Q9400 (2.66GHz, 6M, L2Cache, 1333FSB)
- 4GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM
- 320GB Serial ATA Hard Drive
- 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
- Running on Windows XP SP3. Took the downgrade with Windows Vista Business as I have no time to waste getting used with a new OS. Doing fine with XP so if it's not broken don't fix it...

Not top of the line but more than enough for my needs. I decided to go with a decent video card too just in case, you know, I could manage to find some time to play a game or two in the following months (or at least try some of the many free trials which is more likely).

0 Comments: